Weather Gran Canaria 14 Days
Year-round sunshine, luxurious beaches and a magnitude of fun-filled activities are just some examples of what you can expect on a brilliant holiday to Gran Canaria. The third largest island in the Canaries has long been famed for its vast and expansive landscapes, rich culture, stellar accommodation and its welcoming atmosphere.
Gran Canaria holidays tick all the boxes, with so much to see and do. Likewise, there’s also plenty of opportunity to simply sit back and take it easy on one of the island’s many picture-perfect beaches, which make up a quarter of Gran Canaria’s 147-mile coastline.
There’s something here for everyone in Gran Canaria, from thrill-seeking water sports to fun-filled amusement parks. If a stay on one of the Canary Island’s most beautiful retreats appeals to you, choose Gran Canaria for your 2017/2018 holiday.
Gran Canaria really is the ultimate destination for your Canaries break. Action and adventure awaits you on this spectacular island, with vast natural landscapes and fun-filled pursuits.
Here at Holiday Gems, we offer a fantastic selection of cheap package holidays to Gran Canaria, including brilliant rates on flights and Gran Canaria hotels. Book today to secure your dream holiday for 2017/2018.
Holidays to Gran Canaria are the experience of a lifetime.
As for the weather, Gran Canaria enjoys its share of gloriously hot summers and spring-like temperatures throughout the rest of the year. There’s never a bad time to visit, thanks to the island’s sub-tropical climate. We’ve included an overview of the Gran Canaria weather below.
- In January and February, Gran Canaria enjoys pleasant temperatures of 18 degrees Celsius, with some days breaking into the low 20s. However, the winter months (December - March) bring with them a slight chance of rain.
- In March and April, the temperature in Gran Canaria begins to increase and the rain does tend to ease off. 20 is common for this time of year but highs of 23 can be expected on the warmest days.
- May sees the start of Gran Canaria’s summer. During this time, the temperature increases to the early 20s and rain is relatively non-existent.
- In June, July and August, Gran Canaria experiences its hottest months with temperatures starting at 25 and soaring to the high 20s and early 30s.
- The warm weather continues long into September when the temperature hits 24°C. The sun still shines brightly, making Gran Canaria the perfect option for late summer breaks.
- In October, Gran Canaria begins still maintains hot weather despite the autumn months. At this time the temperature sits in the low 20s.
- In November and December, Gran Canaria returns to milder weather, which many describe as manageable. The weather around this time sits around 20 degrees.
There’s plenty to see and do in Gran Canaria, you may have trouble fitting it all into one break! Whatever you enjoy doing on holiday, you’re bound to find it here. To help you plan your stay in advance, we’ve listed our pick of the best things to do in Gran Canaria.
A day out at the beach is a must during your holiday to Gran Canaria, with no less than 60 amazing beaches to choose from. If you’re looking for water sports and plenty of activities, we recommend Playa del Ingles in the south. However, if a more relaxed and serene stay is what you’re looking for, the sleepy coastal town of San Agustin is worth considering.
When it comes to water sports, Gran Canaria is a treasure trove of dive centres and surf shacks, where thrill-seekers can get their kicks! Jet skiing, parasailing and surfing are among your options, along with scuba diving and wakeboarding!
Camel rides and dune buggying
One of Gran Canaria’s biggest attractions is its expansive natural landscape, which differs dramatically. The island is like a new world, away from the beaches you’ll find deserts and open plains, where you can ride camels and dune buggies.
Gran Canaria is a must for family holidays! The kids won’t be short of things to do with an excellent choice of kids’ clubs, amusements and zoos, not to mention the island’s many theme parks. Head to the Holiday World theme park and Aqualand Maspalomas water park for a day out to remember!